Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Overly sensitive wimpy boys......


I am scared that my lovely daughter is going to bring one of these home...god forbids I would rather she bring home some Goth wanna be band member than one of these boys. I have noticed a pattern in the last few years especially being around kids SOME {not all let's just get that right out}boys have just become whiny, wimpy and not tough. I see them on the playground, I see them at the pools I see them at my daughters self defense classes,  I see them everywhere. Crying, whining and just being big old fat cry babies. They cry at the drop off the hat, they are scared of EVErything, they can't go down a slide without being held by their mommies.They take a tumble and the moms just FREAK out to the point that they end up freaking out the kid even more.  In the mean time I look around and see the girls in the same age brackets...KICKIN ass and taking names. Not scared, tough and just living their little lives. I mean my 4 year old girl toddler graduated to the adult roller coaster at the fair this year{she is tall} she got on that thing with no fear....she went on that roller coaster 12 times that day. I don't get it and I don't remember it being this bad. Some boys have become just so sensitive.


I remember the first time my daughter fell and I looked at her and told her to suck it up{which she did} the look of horror on the other moms face on the playground was priceless. Is this part of the problem are some moms just being too over protective? It scares me that some days these whiny little boys will become adult size whiny little men- which in the bay area has become an epidemic.

What is happening and did I miss a memo that this was going to become the norm?  Or maybe I am just a ball buster with my daughter that is making her into a future ball busting independent woman? Mmmmmm


1 comment:

joeh said...

When my youngest son was one, my SIL tried to give him a doll. I said no! She said "what are you, homophobic? boys can play with dolls too."

I told her that this boy will play with dolls when he looks me in the eye and says "Dad, can I have a doll?"

I think too many kids today are raised politically correctly.

Feeling the love......